Sizes: In 3, full form, uncut sizes: Medium: 5-6 inches, Large: 6-7 inches or Jumbo: 7-8 inches in diameter. The finished, looped, adjustable bungee cord is approximately 8 inches in length.
We often hear from customers that our sponges really are as big as promised. Indeed, the miracle of measuring. Representative size photos are at the bottom of this page.
Rock Island sea wool sponges are the finest quality, full form sea sponges available from Mother Nature. They're so lovely in the bath as they softly cleanse and whisk away your cares.
We add our special, adjustable, bungee cords so that you can easily store and fully dry your beautiful sponge between uses. We don't damage or cut the sponges when we add the bungee cords.
The adjustable bungee cord also helps to handle the sponge while in the bath. You can loop the bungee cord around your wrist or just grab it.
If used with young children, we recommend only for ages 6+. Or, simply unloop the bungee cord and completely remove it to prevent any choking or strangulation hazards.
Our handy & useful invention ~ Sponge on a Bunge.
We work with only one diver to bring you these beautiful sponges. He sustainably harvests the sponges so that they will re-grow for generations to come.
Because of pollution in the Gulf of Mexico, where these sponges live, it takes years and years for natural sponges to reach the large sizes that we offer here. As our favorite diver tells us, there are fewer and fewer large sponges to harvest because of environmental stresses and unscrupulous divers.
- When you receive your sponge, remove it from the packaging.
- After a bath or shower, squeeze out the excess water & allow your sponge to dry completely.
- Refresh your sponge every 6 months with a rinse of 1 part hydrogen peroxide to 20 parts water. After its refresh, rinse your sponge one more time with clean, fresh, plain water.
- Never use ammonia or bleach to clean your sponge. Both will cause the sponge to deterioate.
- With proper care, your natural sea sponge will last a lifetime.